Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Yeah, I made French onion soup!

 

 
I was cold and hungry and was thinking about French Onion Soup b/c its my fav and I tend to think about food when hungry. I thought how stinkin hard can it be right?! I'll wing it. We all know how great stuff turns out when you wing it. Normally it doesn't. But this time I actually pulled it off! Yay me!! So here is the recipe for my made up French Onion Soup.

Made Up French Onion Soup

In small sauce pan boil/dissolve one beef bullion cube
In a nearby pan saute some onions in butter till browned
Meanwhile rip up some french bread in a little ranikins? (is that right?! I dunno pudding sized cup thingies)
Sprinkle in the onions
Pour soup over bread and onions
Top with cheese
Bake at 350 until bubbly.

Its not that dark brown a normal "professional" French onion has but it was pretty damn close on taste.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Impressive, Chef Amber!

Jenn Hile said...

They're called ramekins and that looks DELISH.

girlymurley said...

I knew you'd know Jenn! Thank you.