Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hilton Head...Murley Style




We decided to try and squeeze one more trip to the beach b/f school started and our lives are over so I booked an overnight at The Westin in Hilton Head. We should have known it was going to be interesting when the AC craps out half way there.

Our hotel is really nice, giant and hard to find w/o GPS but VERY nice. We got to swim and play on the beach. Lucas had a major breakthrough and actually would put his feet in the sand. So he sat in my lap and threw sand in while Dylan swam and splashed around with Daddy. It was great. Very relaxing and loads of fun! AND THEN...

We went back up to the room planning on going in search of food. Everyone went in ahead of me and I was closing the door, looked back at Lucas and shut my finger in the gold lock thingie. Slice half of my nail off. (I wont post a pic b/c it makes Brie's mom queasy) HURT!! Holy smokes hurt so bad. I didn't cry but I did have to sit down or fall down. So Michael calls the lobby to get a first aid kit for his bleeding wife. In comes a EMT and the front desk manager to make sure I wont sue. Only me. I swear I need a keeper. Anyway later we went to eat at the Hilton Head Diner and it was very yum.

The next day we took the boys on a pirate voyage! They dressed the boys as pirates and loaded our vessel to go in search of Stinky Pete and his treasure. Dastardly Dylan and Lead foot Lucas had the time of their LIVES. Take your kids to this!!! It was so much fun.

No comments: